FINISHED SIZE: 10 5/8” WIDTH X 11 1/4” HEIGHT X 3 1/2” DEPTH (APPROX.)
The Rowen backpack! A satchel backpack made for both style and comfort. It is recommended to use dark brown materials for a great natural look. The ideal size of this bag makes it the perfect companion for outings as it is not too big, yet not too small! Looking for a bag that can be used every day, can carry your belongings, but isn’t too bulky? A charming backpack suitable for confident beginners or simply a great project for anyone looking for a convenient, and trendy bag; start the Rowen backpack today! Designer’s Review
» PDF file Includes:
What you need
Describes each step detailed with pictures
Computer drawn accurate actual size patterns
Letter/A4 paper, both available.
Make the leather straps
Attach the double capped rivet
Make the adjustable strap
Make the Zippered Closure
Finish the edge of the leather strap
Attach the Magnetic snap
For more information and material list, please click the "FILE PREVIEW" Button.
44” wide medium weight home decorator, quilting weight cotton, linen
(1) Yard for exterior fabric
(1) Yard for lining
44” wide leather, artificial leather or washable paper fabric
(1/2) Yard for leather for handle, adjustable back straps, flap tabs, flap(Alternative)
(1) Yard for of 44” wide light weight fusible interfacing
(1) 17” Length, #5 zipper for zippered closure
(1) Set of 18mm magnetic snap for flap
(1) 5" Length, 1" wide hook and loop fastener
(1) Spool of coordinating thread
Non toxic fabric glue
(4) 1” or 25mm D-rings for back strap loops
(4) 1" or 25mm D-head inside wide swivel lobster claw clasp for adjustable back straps
(2) 1" or 25mm Wide slider strap adjuster for adjustable back straps
(4) Set of 13 mm double cap rivet for leather adjustable back straps (Optional) – 2 for each strap
(4) Sets of 15 mm double cap rivet for flap tabs
(1) Edge coat pen for leather buckle strap (optional)
(1) Bottle of leather edge paint for leather buckle strap (Optional)
Ruler, Scissors, Chalk pencil, Pencil, Sewing machine, Pins, Needle, Shape tool, 13mm Double cap rapid rivets setting tools for leather adjustable back straps(Optional), 15mm Double cap rapid rivets setting tools for flap tabs, Hammer
* All units are in inches.
* All seam allowances are 3/8” unless specified otherwise
** After printing the pattern and taping the pieces together, please follow the reference the provided size guide (3" or 5").
** Patterns marked as A4 are for users who utilize the A4 standard paper size.