FINISHED SIZE: 9 1/2” WIDTH X 10 1/4” HEIGHT X 4” DEPTH (APPROX.)
The Elana Backpack is a convenient and stylish backpack with a perfect medium size. With the boxy design you can fit all your daily necessities without it being too bulking. When making it with leather you can easily style it with your everyday clothes. This bag is recommended for the everyday-backpack carriers, who simply love to take their medium sized backpack everywhere. A wonderful project for men, women, and children alike! Start the Elana Backpack Designer’s Review
» PDF file Includes:
What you need
Describes each step detailed with pictures
Computer drawn accurate actual size patterns
Letter/A4 paper, both available.
Zipper pocket instruction provided.
Make the leather straps
Attach the double capped rivet
Attach the zipper pull
Make the adjustable strap
Bind the bias
For more information and material list, please click the "FILE PREVIEW" Button.
44” wide medium weight home decorator, quilting weight cotton, linen
(1) Yard for exterior fabric
(1) Yard for lining
44” wide leather, artificial leather
(1/4) Yard for leather for handle, adjustable straps, front lower piece, zipper pull
(1) Yard for of 44” wide light weight fusible interfacing
(1) 8” Length, #5 Zipper for bag opening
(2) 8” Length, #5 Zippers for front zipper opening
(1) 8” All-purpose zipper for lining zipper pocket
(2 1/2) Yards of 3/8" width bias tape
Non toxic fabric glue
(6) 1" D-ring for back strap loop
(2) 1" Wide slider strap adjuster for adjustable strap for back straps
(4) 1" D-head inside wide lobster swivel clasps clips for back straps and shoulder strap – 2 for each strap
(2) Set of 8 mm double cap rivet for leather zipper pulls (Optional)
(4) Set of 13 mm double cap rivet for leather adjustable straps (Optional) – 2 for each strap
Ruler, Scissors, Chalk pencil, Pencil, Sewing machine, Pins, Needle, Shape tool, 13mm Double cap rapid rivets setting tools for leather adjustable straps (Optional), 8mm Double cap rapid rivets setting tools for zipper pulls (Optional), Hammer
* All units are in inches.
* All seam allowances are 3/8” unless specified otherwise
** After printing the pattern and taping the pieces together, please follow the reference the provided size guide (3" or 5").
** Patterns marked as A4 are for users who utilize the A4 standard paper size.